Thursday, October 18, 2012

Elevated Envelope- Malicious Surprise: Clue Style

Tara/Ephemera started the Elevated Envelope in 2011... " project where creative strangers from all over the world send each other artistic snail mail." 

 This was my second time participating. I had a great idea all lined up, then she gave us a theme: Malicious Surprise.  I had no clue what to do because I don't like scary things. Now, all of a sudden, great ideas come to me. But I started with the cut out letters like a ransom note- creepy hopefully!? Then I sat for a while with artistic block. Then Clue came to me, somehow. So I made each of my recipients a card with a Clue character, a room and a weapon. Enjoy the mail art below!



 

 

 

The backs were decorated too and inside each recipient received a tea bag the color of their character (ie Prof Plum: lavender tea)

And because I had to make a complete set, I made a keeper for myself to remember all this fun!

No comments: