Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas postcards- St. Louis World's Fair Flight Cage

My St. Louis Christmas postcards this year were of the 1904 World's Fair Flight Cage.  In trying to figure out what St. Louis treasure/concept I wanted to embrace for my card this year, I knew wanted to do something exotic. I thought of the flight cage. Not many people know or consciously know the Flight Cage is from the 1904 World's Fair. When chatting with my parents about it, my mom does remember people put up a fight against extra webbing being added in the 1980s. If you google around the internet, you'll find some treasured photographs from the past. Flamingos are a favorite animal of mine so I was excited to include them on this drawing- thinking about warmer weather! And with writing this post, I already know what my St. Louis postcard Christmas card will be next year!

Merry Christmas!
& Cheers to 2013

No comments: